Why powder coat railings, gates & murals?
- Powder coat is 4-10 times thicker than traditional liquid spray paint.
- NatureRails products are all powder coated with a thickness of 6 to 8 mils. This is considered a functional finish thickness, versus a decorative finish which is 2-6 mils thick.
- Powder coat is physically harder than a wet paint, which gives the product a higher resistance to scratching and chipping increasing the overall better durability.
- Powder coat adheres to the metal better than a paint and powder coat is a more flexible material, which helps withstand cracking or flaking.
- Powder coat increases corrosion resistance. Salt spray tests on powder coat finishes have been demonstrated to last 1000 hours and longer without failure.
- Powder coat is an environmentally friendly process for the applicator and is not a significant fire or environmental hazard. Comparatively, wet paint is flammable, carcinogenic and contains volatile organic compounds.
- Please note touch up paint is typically only available in Black Texture. If you are trying to match a specific color, our custom matching starts at $200.00. Any color of the rainbow is available for your custom project including many different textures.
Watch this short Video of Powder Coat Application before baking it in an enormous oven.