Deck Railing Inserts | Now Available Naked!
By the title you are wondering what wearing clothing, or not, has to do with deck railing. I am here to tell you the Gods honest truth about that, nothing, but it’s the best way to describe NatureRails Deck Railing Inserts. So simple you can do your DIY project at home! Now get back on your clothes, grab a beverage and let’s get serious on how you can create your own fashionable deck or railing project!
First off, deck railing inserts can be used for many different things. Let your imagination run like wildfire. What we provide is the design help and the fabrication of the metal to get your project started.
- Your deck railing insert starts from selecting from our standard height of 30 inches or a custom design product made any height/width you need to meet 4” building code. Every order will include 5 art revisions of what you want to install, and you will receive your first proof set from our artist within most cases 2 to 4 days after a 25% deposit. An estimate of final charges is given prior to your deposit by emailing our office with your sizes and design idea.
Here are some different ways to use your 1/8” thick steel cut outs, again, in any size you need. Standard height needed for a 36” railing installation will be 30 to 32 inch height.
- These deck railing inserts can be sent “naked”, without coating direct to your welder. It is ready to weld into your own selected metal materials. After you finish your fabrication, you can get best results for coating your product by sandblasting off the mill scale and weld marks. For exterior use, we also recommend adding a zinc rich primer powder coat layer under your color choice.
- A third idea for the deck railing inserts is to coordinate with a special color or theme in the home inside or out. Maybe you want something different like pineapples or you want a crazy color like a flip flop paint. Great time for you to take the metal and experiment with your own paint or your own local powder coat shop to match up other items you have ordered for your project.
- NatureRails deck railing inserts can be used for more than just decks and stairs, they also make a great fence insert, wall hanging accent to match your railing, or using smaller items for lighting, tables or other.
- Do you have an odd shaped area to fill to meet building codes? Our panels are GREAT for those A frame or 12 pitch roof homes where you are left with a triangle to fill in at the end of your loft railing where it meets the roof line. I wish we had thought of that when we made the very first NatureRails! Instead, we ended up using a wood wagon wheel, still not meeting code. That small space is enough to risk a small dog jumping off the loft!
More material and size information for deck railing inserts
Minimum order size at NatureRails is 24” x 24”. These railing inserts are structural components in addition to being a decorative item. Minimum 10 gauge steel thickness, aluminum minimum 3/16. Due to market fluctuation aluminum must be quoted on a case by case basis.
Replication of your design can be added to your own spindle railing system. The possibilities are pretty endless. We can offer special pricing for replicated sections, bulk orders and as an add on to current work you are doing with us. Maybe you have your staircase in bears and need just the right mural, window side light fill in, or deck railing inserts to carry on through the exterior of the home. No job too large or small!
Our deck railing inserts give you the flexibility to create your own project and join in the fun of creating a space that is all your own. Remember, steel rusts when it is exposed to the elements. So unless you are planning on powder coat finish, we recommend using your deck railing inserts for interior applications. The proper cleaning and finish will make all the difference in enjoying your new products a life time! (or at least until the sun fades it)[/vc_column_text][/vc_column]