"The detail of Rob's work is, well, absolutely amazing!"
"Awesome! Thanks....many, many dropped jaws over my railings!"
NatureRails™ can be fabricated for use as an accent piece, or designed to be a complete railing system in your home or business. Talented artist Rob Gerdin can transform a mere idea into a reality as he has done for hundreds of others around the US and Canada. Rob has several different methods of transforming customer sketches, photos or just written ideas about what you would like to see into a work of art. Remember, it's artwork that also happens to be a railing!
NatureRails™ designs and fabricates metal artwork to meet your railing specifications. Railing is available for interior or exterior use, functional home decor items, and special projects. Large-scale production is available for your commercial or residential projects.
This is another railing that was designed to reflect an artist's painting. Salmon swimming upstream in Alaska made stunning stair and balcony railings.
Complete welded solutions are also available and they are amazingly simple to install. These all-metal products are 100% maintenance free. Imagine, no more sanding or staining to keep the same great look, year after year. Our maintenance-free style artwork includes welded tabs, square tubing around your art piece, and a 2.25" handrail welded on top to complete your new railing.
Our design and fabrication process is simple and produces high quality results. NatureRails™ delivers the most unique artistic metal products available. Average lead-time on custom projects is 3-6 weeks from design to shipping.
"I had a more than positive experience with NatureRails™. From the time I first inquired about their beautiful products to the completion and installation, everything was handled professionally and courteously. I wanted a theme that would capture the flora and fauna of Colorado's High Plains. Rob Gerdin suggested a variety of wildlife and vegetation. He captured it perfectly and my wife and I couldn't be more pleased with the end product. I would highly recommend them to friends and family!
"The railings that you’ve created are very nice! We’ve received lots of compliments on them. Thank you for your timeliness and attention to detail. We will work with NatureRails™ in the future if the opportunity arises."
1. An order is placed over the phone or via fax. A 25% product deposit is taken at that time. We accept VISA, Master Card or personal checks. (All railing products are designed to meet 4" building code requirements unless otherwise requested.)
2. A proof set is generated using your requested concept, Rob's concept, or a combination of the two. You may make changes to the design at this time and another proof is generated for review.
3. After proof approval by you, production of your railing or other product begins. Your art files are electronically processed and prepared for cutting out of steel or other materials on the Water Jet machine.
4. Next, your order is sand blasted to ensure that any metal imperfections are returned to a smooth, clean surface. An acid bath is used to clean the product in preparation for powder coating. To protect your investment, NatureRails™ products are completed with your selected color of powder coat. Powder coating is a baked on enamel process that is more durable than paint, and prevents rusting, cracking and fading when exposed to the elements of nature.
5. Once your order is produced, it is then prepared for shipping. Your product is shrink-wrapped in plastic, framed with wood, layered between protect-o-cell panels (industrial strength corrugated cardboard) and banded with metal strips for a very sturdy crate. Most deck railing and smaller products ship UPS. Stair railing, as well as large murals must ship ABF freight. Will call options are available for those traveling to Colorado. Final payment is taken at this time.
More detailed information on our fabrication process is available under Pricing & Production.
Custom Poppy Railing created to compliment oil painting of same.
Riding on Horseback through the mountains with two pack mules trailing behind. A beautiful replacement to plain balusters!
Whalers in a boat pursue the whale in this Alaskan railing.
Whales with the hunters in the background.
Beautiful metal art created from your vision. Here are the lovely loons that swim on this Canadian customers lake!
Modern Ski Graphic Stair Rail Design. Love to Ski? Love the Snow? Create a design that fits your favorite sport or hobby!
Moose and ducks hide in the cattails. A wolf howls nearby. (You can't make that kind of a picture with plain spindles!)
Are you an avid fisherman? Incorporate your favorite sport into a rail.
Moose and Elk in the Mountains Custom Rail.
A Tiger and and Eagle are featured in this railing design because they are the customers two favorite team mascots!
Big Horn Sheep and Mountain Goat on the Steep Slope. Metal art at it's finest!
Deer Family with a Turkey and Song Bird Nearby.
Howling Wolf on the cliff with Owl and Raccoon in Custom Railing. Jazz up your deck railing without plain spindles use a metal art railing insert instead.